Senior Climate Data Specialist
Position Green is a leading pure play sustainability partner with a mission to revolutionize how businesses integrate sustainability. Thousands of businesses use the Position Green sustainability suite, and we’re the Nordic leader in ESG SaaS. Sustainability leaders rely on Position Green to gain insights and drive impact across environmental, social, and governance domains. We come from the Nordics but we operate across the globe in supporting our customers to navigate and succeed in corporate sustainability.
This is your impact opportunity
Shape the products used by thousands of sustainability professionals with your sustainability expertise and ensure that we have the world's best, most accurate and largest emission factory library that is used as correctly as possible.
About the role
In the role ofSenior Climate Data Specialist, you will be part of a product team of 10 working within both sustainability and product development who collaborate in order to add as much sustainability knowledge into the software as possible. You are responsible for supporting our customers in their use of emission factors and climate calculations. You work closely with both the product and customer success teams.
Within your role you will mainly:
- Develop and optimize our GHG and SBTi solution including making considerations, assumptions and selections of calculation methods and emission factors
- Be the main responsible for taking final decisions in which recommendations we should give to our customers regarding their climate calculations
- Support the ESG Data Specialist in finding and calculating emission factors not found in our Emission factor library and requested by customers to be used in the platform
- Research and continuously improve our Emission factor Library
- Participate in customer meetings as an emission factor specialist
- Be prepared to work with all tasks in an entrepreneurial and fast growing company
What you bring
- A deeper technical understanding as well as a great interest in working with digital products
- Demonstrated ability to get things done and drive development forward
- An academic background and professional experience in environmental science and mathematics/analytics as well as:
- Life Cycle Assessments and EPDs
- Calculations of greenhouse gas emissions and emission factors
- The Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol and Science Based Targets
- Ecoinvent, DEFRA, Exiobase and other databases
- A desire to impact the sustainability of businesses worldwide
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with professional fluency in English
- A positive attitude, curiosity and a good sense of humor
We use a hybrid model where all teams meet up weekly. For this role, you need to be living in or near Copenhagen, Malmö, or Stockholm.
If the above sounds interesting to you, we will be happy to receive your CV. In this recruitment, great importance is placed on personal suitability. Planned start-up for the position is as soon as possible.
For further information or any inquiries please reach out to Talent Acquisition Specialist Ida Skagne, email@example.com