Junior Data Engineer
At Stratsys we make an impact, we create growth and we do it together! We are a fast-moving SaaS company on an exciting journey where we help our customers create a sustainable and smart work life with our products. We are now looking for a Junior Data Engineer located at our Gothenburg Office. In this role you gets to be both technical and business oriented. This is a key role in enabling data driven decision making where you will get the big picture and get to work with the entire data landscape and architecture.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? 💡
- You will be a part of a high-energy and familiar culture where colleagues become friends. Take a look at our Instagram to get an insight into our culture
- Work from a fantastic and central office at Kungsportsplatsen in Gothenburg
- Maximum wellness allowance of SEK 5,000 and a company that encourages exercise and movement
- We offer our employees a hybrid remote solution as well as flexible working hours
- A lot of freedom to try out different technologies
- Great influence over own work and the direction of the data initiatives
- Many touch points in the organization through a close collaboration with other business roles (sales, finance, marketing etc.)
ABOUT THE ROLE 📌
At the start your main focus will be to understand the data engineering landscape at Stratsys and introduce important improvements to our data ETL process. You will also focus on making data easily accessible through data modelling.
Your responsibilities will extend to:
- Deliver high quality data pipelines
- Contribute with ideas on how to improve our current data layer/processing
- Establishing visualizations that empower more informed decision-making
- Collaborate with stakeholders to enable important insights and decision making
- Build data integrations
- Deliver against our set objectives and key results (OKRs)
As you settle in and learn more about us and your role you are expected to take a bigger responsibility. For example to bring ideas and improvements for our data architecture, work with stakeholders to prioritize data requirements and work on AI initiatives.
YOUR BACKGROUND ✔️
- A Bachelor's or Masters degree in a relevant field
- Skills or experience in SQL and managing relational databases
- Knowledge of Data Modeling and Database Management
- Familiarity with an object-oriented programming language (preferably Python)
- Previous experience with data pipelines and tools for managing workflows (e.g., ADF, Airflow, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed version control (Git)
- Fluent in Swedish and good knowledge in English, both spoken and written
It's a bonus if you....
- Have basic knowledge of (Big) Data Architecture
- Have experience working with APIs
- Have some familiarity with statistics, Data Science, or AI
- DevOps knowledge, particularly in working with Pipelines for Build/Release
- Bring experience with distributed computing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark
- Have some prior experience with Power BI
- Have prior exposure to Cloud-based solutions (preferably Azure)
ABOUT YOU 👀
This role is a perfect fit for someone who possess excellent problem-solving capabilities, along with strong communication and organizational skills. This role demands the ability to effectively tackle challenges and find solutions. Furthermore, you should be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a team environment. You have a positive and prestigeless attitude and thrive in a sales-driven organization. You take a lot of personal responsibility, which means that a dynamic environment where the weeks look different suits you perfectly.
ABOUT US 🚀
With digital planning and monitoring tools, we help hundreds of thousands of Stratsys users revolutionize their daily work. Learn more about us in the video below!
Does this look like a role for you? Do not hesitate, show your interest today since we are working ongoing with selection of candidates.
Is this particular role not quite right for you - Show your interest by connecting with us, we are constantly looking for new talent for our growing business in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, and Oslo. We look forward to hearing from you!