Product Designer - Development Experience
Who are we?
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. We effectively assist customers in industries like accounting, legal, and finance, enabling them to organize and automate their business-critical processes in a compliant, secure, and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in 2020 and the listing on Nasdaq Copenhagen Main Market in April 2022 we are now more than ever, in a position to execute on our strategy for European expansion. We are not only looking for new employees, we are looking to form new long-term relationships with people who resonate with our culture and values.
We now have the opportunity to look for a Product Designer to join our awesome and growing Integrations Team. We're on a mission to scale our operations and maximize value to our existing and future customers.
Who are we looking for?
Penneo's Integrations Team supports our strategy of becoming the preferred Know Your Customer (KYC) and signature solution for Auditing & Accounting clients in the Nordics. API and Integrations are also backing our journey of establishing footprints throughout Europe.
We expect you to have 3+ years of experience from a Product Design role. We would love you to have worked with APIs and integrations, but it matters more to us that you have a holistic approach to ensuring that the products you are working on are usable.
We’re looking for someone who:
- thrives in collaboration between designers, engineers, and PMs
- has usability as its main focus: is oriented around customers and the value the product is bringing to them
- understands that businesses have constraints and is capable of communicating why and what they are
- encourages data-supported decision making
- holds a solid product design toolbox.
The position is full-time, based in Copenhagen and you will report to our Product Design Manager alongside our Product Designer for our KYC team.
Your closest collaborators will be the Product Manager for our API and Integrations and software engineers of the Integrations and KYC team.
What would be your responsibilities?
We foresee the following responsibilities, but you’ll have the opportunity and freedom to influence and define it with us.
- Collaboration: spearhead collaboration with customers, clients, engineers and product managers within the product team as well as with stakeholders such as sales, marketing and support.
- Holistic user experience and service design: define and improve the way our customers and users realize the value of our products across all touch points.
- Prototyping: create and use prototypes as primary canvas for communicating and validating ideas, both internally and externally.
- User research and testing: gather and share mostly qualitative insights. Generative insights to discover and test problems to solve or outcomes to create and evaluative insights to test and validate ideas and solutions.
- Interaction and visual design: define and improve the underlying conceptual models, flows and control layouts and visual elements to manipulate those concepts of our products.
- Exchange: Strengthen the design function within the organization, evaluating and improving processes, tools, techniques.
- Evangelism: Communicate design activities and decisions within the organization.
What makes you a great match?
We believe that the following traits and experiences are important for becoming successful in this role, and it is the basis upon which we assess candidates. However, we acknowledge that talent takes many forms and we would still like to hear from you, even if you don't think you match all the points below.
We expect you to:
- hold 3+ years of experience from a Product Design role
- be familiar with service design in a software setting
- display a solid product design toolbox to the benefit of our customers and clients
- enjoy designing and implementing processes
- communicate clearly and convincingly
- be proficient in English.
Useful, but not essential:
- Experience from a SaaS or Scale Up-environment
- Experience working with APIs and Integrations.
How will this role progress?
It is important to us to be as transparent as even possible and to give you the opportunity to level expectations for the role. We therefore share our impact description in advance, and we would love your thoughts about it in your cover letter.
During the 1st month you will
- Meet your new colleagues and understand who is doing what
- Get comfortable with the day-to-day operations of the KYC team
- Understand the problems Penneo solves for customers
- Participate in Penneo’s onboarding program for all new Penneos.
Within 3 months you will
- Have assessed and engaged in existing discovery processes
- Have assessed and engaged in existing customer iterations and feedback loops
- Have created your first prototype targeting a relevant customer problem in close collaboration with a selected group of customers and the Integrations Team
- Have suggested improvements for frequent customer interactions in close collaboration with the Integrations Team
- Have a solid understanding of the value Penneo creates for customers
- Have established close collaboration with the Penneo Integrations Team and stakeholders.
Within 6 months you will
- Have set goals for product design in collaboration with the Product Design Team
- Have established solid product design processes in close collaboration with the Product Design Team
- Utilize your understanding of service design within auditors’ and accountants’ workflows to create value for them
- Have established close collaboration with selected groups of customers and users.
Within 12 months you will
- Be a deciding factor in product design’s future as an instrumental foundation for Penneo’s ambitious growth plans
- Have established service design as a significant part of achieving the strategic goals for servicing auditors’ and accountants’ workflows in Penneo’s expansion strategy.
From this point on you have the opportunity to impact how your Penneo career develops, depending on what you want to achieve.
Integrations are instrumental to our ambitious growth aspirations, and we’re eager to learn on the journey with you. It all depends on your capabilities for continuous learning and equally important - your dreams for the future.
By now we hope you’re sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and contribute to the Penneo adventure.
About our interview process
We want you to know what to expect. All of our interviews can be conducted remotely, scheduled via email and Google Meet for audio/video calls, if you prefer.
- Call with one of the members of our Talent Acquisition Team(~30m): introduction to the company, mutual initial expectation leveling.
- First interview with our Product Design Manager, Veronica (~45m): Getting to know each other, assessing for mutual fit, discussion of the impact and goals for the position.
- Collaboration round (~1h): Together with our API and Integrations Manager, Joy and our KYC Product Designer, Vira, you will discuss your approach to a problem scenario to assess collaboration fit and ways of working.
- The practicalities (~45m): Closing talks with our Product Design Manager, Veronica, agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
Best of success with your application!
Please Attach your portfolio along with a CV when applying.
Please note that we are screening and interviewing on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in any of our roles, please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Penneo is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring and promoting are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We want to make it easy to do the right thing. Come be a part of it! #inthistogether