Staff Product Designer
Mentimeter’s vision is to transform presentations and meetings into fun and interactive experiences by making it easy to listen and to be heard. We believe in giving everyone a voice, in every meeting and presentation. We are building a modern, friendly, and diverse product-first tech company based in Stockholm and we want you to join us!
To succeed in our mission to create a great product experience we are building out a world-class Product Design Team - that can lead us into the unknown future of the Mentimeter product, fueled by our desire to challenge tomorrow’s presentation and meeting experiences. We already have a great team in place and we want to continue to learn and evolve as we grow.
We are looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our growing team. Being a staff designer at Mentimeter means you play a big part in crafting the product experience together with our partners in Product and Engineering. You will also be a part of shaping our team, the way we work, and scaling our design organization.
The Staff Product Designer role
As Staff Product Designer, you are responsible for the success of several initiatives, as well as being a part of defining the strategy that goes beyond your team, supporting cross-functional teams. There are currently two product areas at Mentimeter - Core Product and Commercial, this position is within the Commercial Product area.
The Commercial Product area currently consists of three product teams, each with its own product manager, product designer, tech lead, and developers. You will be working on an area level together with all the teams and the area leadership, making sure we craft amazing experiences and products that users love and that align with our business goals. The Staff Product Designer reports directly to the Commercial Design Area Lead and collaborates on a strategic level.
You will help us iterate and define our current and new business models, optimizing upsells, as well as our checkout experience and conversion. Together with the team, you will be responsible for the overall free-to-paid user journey.
We strongly believe in the power of the empowered product team, and we are building an organisation and processes to ensure a high level of alignment, focus on outcomes and contextual support from leadership to enable great work to happen.
Succeeding in this role means a few things:
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, designers, researchers, product managers, software engineers, and business partners to build coherent end-to-end experiences;
- Contributing to the vision, strategy, objectives, and roadmap across the commercial area;
- Working on a range of projects from broad, loosely defined problems and concepts to specific, tactical feature work;
- Defining and visualizing current and future customer experiences with relevant artifacts such as service blueprints, frameworks, personas/archetypes, and customer experience strategies;
- Driving a better understanding of our users and their needs. You’ll be interacting with users directly, and running research studies;
- Lead design practice rituals and develop new standards to mature the craft and culture of the commercial design team.
The Mentimeter Product organisation is in constant motion and evolves continuously as we grow. The same will be true for this role, so if you like to be part of shaping the future for your own role as well as the team and organisation, this is a role for you.
In case you are in doubt about what staff means , this is one step after the senior level in our career framework. Meaning you grow from Senior to Staff product designer.
To thrive in this role as a Staff Product Designer, we believe you are someone who loves the craft of design, has a solid background doing the work, and has found a passion for working with complex, unknown, and undefined problem spaces, looking at experiences from a higher and more holistic level. You are still passionate about design as a craft and care about the details of digital product design. You are an experienced product designer who thrives on cross-functional collaboration and is excited to partner with engineering, user research, product management, business teams, and the rest of our amazing design team.
You are of course someone passionate about the space of presentation software, innovative digital solutions and the realm of Software as a Service (SaaS), eager to keep up with industry trends and thinking about the future experiences of engaging interactions.
So, who are you?
- 7+ years of experience working as a Product Designer. Experience designing for B2B SaaS products is a bonus.
- Have found your home in the concept of the product company cross-functional team, and are well versed in the dynamics of such a team and organisation
- Strong customer advocacy with a taste for data and business-informed design.
- You have proven experience defining strategies that support teams - such as experience visions, scenario planning, future casting, service prototyping or similar.
- You have crafted more than products - your design process accounts for the role of the organization, policies, people practices, and internal tools when meeting a customer's need
- Ability to break down complex problems into solutions that balance simplicity, power, and flexibility.
- You’re an outstanding communicator, storyteller, and facilitator. You bring people together, create a shared understanding, and excite teams with an inspiring vision
- You want to be part of a fast-growing organization and continuously work with (re)shaping the ways of working needed to ensure we stay agile and autonomous while scaling
- Is well aligned with our core values and want to be a part of making sure we stay true to these as we grow (read more about our values on mentimeter.com/culture)
Not a requirement
- Swedish is not required - we are an English speaking first company with daily work and communication carried out in English as the Mentimeter team currently spans over 40 different nationalities!
This role will have its base in our HQ in Stockholm and is an onsite/hybrid role.
Learn more about Our Ways of Working - Guiding Principles by clicking here.
Not sure you meet 100% of the requirements? We encourage and welcome your application anyway!
Please note: Due to recent updates in Swedish migration law (June 2022), it is currently difficult for us to hire candidates from outside of the EU where we can guarantee a safe and risk-free relocation to Sweden with a prolonged work permit. We strive to make decisions on a case-by-case basis while taking this into account.
What you can expect from our recruitment process:
- Introduction interview - Get to know us better and introduce yourself
- Competence interview - Meet the team and dive deeper into your background and knowledge. This session includes:
- A prepared presentation of your portfolio - focusing on 2 cases highlighting your role as a design leader
- On-site exercise - you will be asked to lead a design critique session with one of our designers
- Design leadership interview
- Culture interview - Discuss our core values and culture, are we a perfect fit?
Our 5 core principles and basis for our value-driven culture include:
- Inclusiveness - Transparency, equality and diversity
- Work smart - Know when to excel but also when good enough is exactly that, good enough
- Professionalism - “The consultant mindset”
- Be humble about others' work
- Have fun
The Mentimeter Culture
The work environment is inclusive, respectful, non-political, fun and very professional. We make sure to excel when we need to, but never overdo it in order to maintain our work-life balance. With over 40 different nationalities working at Mentimeter, this is one of many ways we show that we embrace diversity. To embrace other cultures we also re-locate the entire team for one month, once a year.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our team page.
We at Mentimeter believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we built a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of colour, LGBTQ, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.
Learn more about our benefits and perks by clicking here!
If you're interested in knowing what personal data about you we collect and how we use it when you apply for a job, take a look here https://www.mentimeter.com/candidate-privacy-policy.
- Access to a personal leadership coach
- Private healthcare insurance
- Wellness allowance 5000 sek/year
- Individual budget for professional development
- Private pension matching ITP-level
- 1 month (optional) relocation trip in Europe/year
- Attractive insurance package
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- A diverse, modern and inclusive work environment
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Access to a personal leadership coach
- Individual budget for professional development
- Pension plan
- Wellness allowance CAD 700/year
- 1 month (optional) relocation trip per year
- RRSP matching
Your application has been successfully submitted.