Director of Revenue Operations
Who are we?
We are Penneo, and we are on a mission to scale!
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Penneo started with three people who had the ambition of reducing the hassle of getting documents signed by delivering a digital signature platform. Then, we evolved into a set of solutions for automating workflows related to client onboarding (KYC), signing, and document management.
Following our listing on Nasdaq Copenhagen Main Market in April 2022, we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute our European expansion strategy and scale our operations to maximize value to our existing and future customers.
Who are we looking for?
At Penneo, we are always looking to forge new long-term relationships with people who resonate with our culture and values and are passionate about getting Penneo to the next level.
Do you want to be part of it?
We are now hiring a Director of Revenue Operations who will play a crucial role together with our Data & Analytics team in bringing a data-driven framework to help guide the direction of our organization in every facet of the design and execution of our go-to-market strategies.
Reporting to the CFO, you will lead and grow a RevOps team and support them in designing the strategy, choosing the technology, building and maintaining the infrastructure in alignment with the overall strategy and the Go-To-Market Leadership team, while overseeing the analytics and optimization of our go-to-market organization, which includes approximately 40 professionals in Sales, Customer Success and Marketing.
You will not only ensure we have the best tools and processes in place to maximize efficiency through a strong operating rhythm but also work collaboratively across virtually every function to create alignment and identify the biggest opportunity for revenue-generating optimizations.
As the “go-to” for sales, customer success, and marketing you will be a core part of the Go-To-Market Leadership team, tasked with bringing a data-driven framework to help guide and improve the direction of our organization.
The position is based in our Copenhagen office, in Vesterbro.
What would be your responsibilities?
For our Director of Revenue Operations, we foresee the following responsibilities, but you'll have the opportunity and freedom to influence and define them with us.
- Establish, develop and lead a team responsible for sales, marketing, and customer success planning, execution, forecasting, reporting, pipeline management, compensation, and strategic analysis with expectations of high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Own all systems and tools related to our Go-to market-processes with Salesforce as our central hub. You will be responsible for the evaluation, improvement, and implementation of all tools and software.
- Create and maintain reliable forecasting processes and assure adherence to those processes from Go-To-Market Leadership Team.
- Drive annual planning process for Sales, Marketing and Customer Success including budget goals, headcount models, territory planning, quota, and compensation design and management in close partnership with Finance, Data & Analytics and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the integrity of data and data flows in Salesforce, and other sales and marketing support tools and how they interact with our other systems e.g. NetSuite, Younium, etc.
- We expect you to have excellent proficiency and understanding of business and data analytics. Our core system is Tableau, which we expect you to either know or be willing to learn.
- Own the sales lead handoff process and actively manage the intersection of marketing, sales and customer success
- Support leadership in the understanding of pipeline, forecasts, retention, and other KPIs while bringing best in class sales/CS strategy & planning techniques to support leadership in maximizing sales and revenue retention
- Deliver and execute on strategic projects related to GTM-plan and serve as the primary conduit for cross-functional work in that regard.
What makes you a great match?
We believe that the following traits and experiences are essential for becoming successful in this role, and it is the basis upon which we assess candidates. However, we acknowledge that talent takes many forms, and we would still like to hear from you, even if you don't think you match all the points below.
We expect you to have:
- Experience from leadership positions within RevOps, in a SAAS and scale up environment.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tool and interest in working in a sales environment
- Forward-looking in terms of the rapidly developing Sales-tech area.
- Excellent proficiency in data analysis - you will work with large datasets, which you analyze and transform into valuable insights with tools such as google sheets, tableau, or equivalent.
- Excellent business acumen, so you easily see issues and find great solutions to fix it.
- Excellent communication skills, which you easily use to communicate complex information in a digestible way.
- A curious mind and an eagerness to learn and develop.
How will this role progress?
It is important to us to be as transparent as possible and to allow you to level expectations for the role. Therefore, we share our impact description in advance and would love your thoughts about it in your cover letter.
During the 1st month, you will:
- Meet all your new colleagues and take part to the Penneo Onboarding Program.
- Be introduced to your relevant stakeholders e.g. Sales, Marketing, Data & Analytics, finance, etc.
- Have a clear overview of the Penneo’s value propositions and the objectives for the role.
- Have a thorough walkthrough of internal processes, structures and important metrics in the team.
- Have had a shadow day with sales reps to understand their needs and pains related to their daily work and use of systems
- Start out by building your development plan for the Revenue Operations team.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Have built your development plan and prioritized what to improve by the understanding you have from all Go-To-Market-Teams.
- Have implemented the first small improvement from your plan.
- Have started by supporting the sales leadership team with analyses, reports and presentations.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Work confidently with your responsibilities supporting the Go-To-Market-Teams
- Have implemented 2-4 elements from your plan and you are starting to see the results of it through improving metrics
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have successfully improved the efficiency of Go-To-Market-Teams.
- Have measured metrics have improved consistently throughout the year based on the actions from your plan.
At this point, we want to support you in expressing your ambitious growth aspirations, and we're eager to learn on the journey with you. It all depends on your capabilities for continuous learning and, equally important - your dreams for the future.
By now, we hope you're sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and contribute to the Penneo adventure.
About our interview process:
We know that going through a recruitment process can be pretty demanding sometimes, so we want you to know what to expect:
- Call with a member of our Talent Acquisition Team (~30m): introduction to the company, mutual initial expectation leveling.
- Call with our CFO, Casper and with our CEO, Christian (~45m): Getting to know each other, assessing for mutual fit, introduction to the impact and goals for the position.
- Collaboration round (~1h): Together with two team members, you will discuss your approach to a problem scenario to assess collaboration fit and ways of working.
- The practicalities (~45m): Closing talk with Casper agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
All of our interviews can be conducted remotely, scheduled via email and Google Meet for audio/video calls if you prefer.
Best of success with your application!
We are screening and interviewing on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in any of our roles, please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Penneo is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring, and promotion are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
Please be aware that if hired, as part of our Background check, we require a copy of your criminal record. We do that to ensure that we remain a trusted service provider and partner as well as to comply with relevant compliance requirements such as ISO27001.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We want to make it easy to do the right thing. Come be a part of it! #inthistogether