International Tax Analyst - Personal Income Tax
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Report to the (Senior) International Tax Manager and assist in the control of personal income tax compliance tasks (e.g. application for Special Tax Regimes, client queries around taxes, Employment-related tax tasks, equity, etc.) for all of Remote’s clients worldwide
- To a smaller extent, work with tax advisors to prepare and submit opinions related to personal income tax or payroll obligations
- Support the team in payroll tax audits and inspections worldwide
- Monitor changes in tax law in several jurisdictions (EMEA, APAC, North America, Central and South America)
What you bring
- A Bachelor's degree in Law, economics or related areas, preferably with a Post-Graduate or Master's degree in Taxation
- Prior experience and proficiency with personal income tax compliance (including withholding taxes on payroll), with several years of aggregate experience, with a consultancy background being considered a plus
- You have proven advisory and compliance experience across personal income tax and employment taxes, both local and cross-border (as well as with tax treaties)
- You have strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail
- You keep track of recent updates in tax topics that are relevant for personal tax compliance (e.g. EESC Programme Taxation of cross-border teleworkers)
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders
- You'll report to: (Senior) International Tax Manager
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with Senior Director Finance, Accounting and Tax
- Interview with VP of Finance
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
Your application has been successfully submitted.