QA Team Leader
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
You'll be joining 100 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into development teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
You will lead and be part of a 5 person QA team that together with the engineers covers the full quality scope of the application. We write tests in Cypress and we use Gitlab for Continuous Integration and Delivery. Together with your team members you will ensure that engineers have the right tools and processes to deliver world class quality products.
As Team Lead for the QA team you are responsible for all the work of the QA team and you are the spokesperson for everyone in the team. You are expected to manage the team dynamics and always bring the best in everyone. A team leader at Remote is not expected to be the best in a team but rather help others become the best version there is and gear the team towards optimised execution.
Outside of people management, we expect that you actively work with manual and automated testing as well as advocating for quality across the organization.
What this job can offer you
- Be part of opening up the world of work for every person, business, and country, no matter where they live
- A direct impact on the organization’s overall quality mindset
- An opportunity to be part of defining and improving the overall QA strategy, direction & processes
- A lot of freedom to organize your work
- A lot of variety in your day to day work! You will be working with manual testing as well as writing automated tests. You will also communicate your ideas and advocate for quality across the organization.
- A supportive and kind work environment where we would like you to challenge us to improve the quality of our product, every day!
What you bring
- Significant experience as a QA Engineer or similar position, preferably with responsibilities across multiple teams or product areas.
- Experience leading a team of at least 2 people for a year
- Expertise within Cypress or Selenium
- Experience within Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop
- Focus on efficient processes with a kind, people-first approach
- Knowledge of how to coordinate, plan and prioritize testing activities
- An ability to inspire others and instill confidence
- Ambition and intention about diversity, equality and inclusion
- Direct reports: 4 QA Engineers
- You'll report to: The Engineering Manager for the QA Team
- Team: Engineering - QA
- Location: APAC or EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If you’re looking for a feel-good career that allows you to work and make an impact from anywhere in the world, you’ve come to the right place.