Senior SEO Manager
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior SEO Manager, joining our Growth team. We are looking for an experienced and analytical SEO with a high level of technical fluency to manage our multidisciplinary international SEO program. You’ll track performance to uncover market opportunities, partner with the development team to improve SEO hygiene, and manage our content marketing agencies as they build customer-centric content campaigns. As part of the role, you will be a key player contributing to scaling our customer acquisition strategy.
What this job can offer you
- Collaborate with our Director of Content & SEO to define and manage Remote's global SEO strategy across all solutions and services offered.
- Technical SEO roadmap management working closely with the Growth Engineering team at Remote to monitor technical issues, mitigate SEO risks, and improve technical performance of the website.
- Take a data-driven approach to understand how Remote's SEO performance and provide continuous optimisation recommendations, communicating clearly to a number of teams across the globe.
- Providing insights based on research for Remote's SEO roadmap to drive growth international markets, working closely with international SEO and localisation vendors where needed.
- Working closely with content production team to review, refresh and optimise existing evergreen content with a focus on continuously improving our content for the searcher experience.
- Manage relationships with external vendors that are supporting Remote through Content Marketing campaigns and digital PR activations.
What you bring
- Several years and high expertise in technical SEO best practices and edge cases, with the ability to define solutions to complex technical SEO issues adeptly
- A strong understanding of keyword research, user intent and search landscape analysis, backlink auditing, content optimisation and a constantly evolving knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Solid experience driving web speed optimisation projects that improve a website's core web vitals and overall performance
- Experience working with third party vendors to progress SEO projects.
- Experience in managing international SEO projects leading to successful growth in international markets.
- Strong relationship-building and nurturing skills.
- You'll report to: Lauren MacPhail, Director of Content and SEO
- Team: Growth
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is $72,800 - $92,000. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If you’re looking for a feel-good career that allows you to work and make an impact from anywhere in the world, you’ve come to the right place.