Product Manager Customer Integrations & Developer Experience
Who are we?
We are Penneo, and we are on a mission to scale!
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Penneo started with three people who had the ambition of reducing the hassle of getting documents signed by delivering a digital signature platform. Then, we evolved into a set of solutions for automating workflows related to client onboarding (KYC), signing, and document management.
Following our listing on Nasdaq Copenhagen Main Market in April 2022, we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute our European expansion strategy and scale our operations to maximize value to our existing and future customers.
We now have the opportunity for a Product Manager to join our Customer Integrations & Developer Experience team in our mission to make it easy and beneficial for companies to be compliant. Together with the product team, the Product Manager enables our customers to achieve outcomes with Penneo as an integrated part of their workflows and processes. Furthermore, empowering our customers’ technical staff to find all the information they need to integrate with Penneo products through a great developer experience.
Who are we looking for?
At Penneo, we are always looking to forge new long-term relationships with people who resonate with our culture and values and are passionate about getting Penneo to the next level.
Do you want to be part of it?
We are now hiring a Product Manager - Customer Integrations & Developer Experience who will be responsible for developing and executing an integrations strategy in alignment with other strategic priorities;
You will report to our VP of Product and have our awesome, cross-functional Product Teams, Sales and Marketing as your closest collaborators.
The position is full-time, based in Copenhagen;
What would be your responsibilities?
For our Product Manager - Data Integrations & Developer Experience we foresee the following responsibilities, but you'll have the opportunity and freedom to influence and define them with us.
- Solve hard customer and business problems with technology. Together with a cross-functional team in ways that delight customers and work commercially;
- Provide the product team with context regarding our users and customers, and how they engage with our products;
- Make sure product activities are aligned with and also inform company strategy, product vision, and strategy;
- Contribute with a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the broader business (Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance, Legal, Compliance, etc.);
- Run product discovery, addressing the product risks collaboratively;
- Rapidly improve and refine the product(s);
- Experiment and iterate to achieve objectives defined by metrics, tracking progress and success;
- Manage the broader product development process (besides discovery and delivery) as well as the administrative responsibilities as the Product Owner;
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape;
- Manage product delivery towards Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Support, Legal, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and senior leadership in a mutually trusting and respectful relationship across the company so that stakeholders feel like they have a true partner in a product that is genuinely committed to the success of the business;
- Effectively share the product vision and product strategy, motivate and inspire the product team without formal authority, as well as the various stakeholders and others in the company who contribute to the product in one way or another;
- Shape Penneo’s product culture.
Main goals for this role:
- Identify the integrations that help our target audience to achieve outcomes;
- Make sure the team can build integrations in alignment with strategic priorities;
- Create a top-notch experience for developers integrating with Penneo;
- Spearheaded collaboration with customers, clients, and engineers, within the product team as well as with stakeholders such as sales, marketing, and support to achieve outcomes;
- Provide the team with context regarding the customer, commercial, technology, and design.
What makes you a great match?
We believe that the following traits and experiences are essential for becoming successful in this role, and it is the basis upon which we assess candidates. However, we acknowledge that talent takes many forms, and we would still like to hear from you, even if you don't think you match all the points below.
We expect you to:
- Be experienced working as a well-rounded Product Manager, doing the full job across all the dimensions of the customer, commercial, technology, and design.
- Get energy from working synchronously and asynchronously, as well as collaboratively and individually. If you know how to run a workshop and how to write and visualize. And when to use which.
- Effectively work with Engineers and Designers in a collaborative and mutually respectful relationship, involving the team early and providing them with context and direct access to customers and stakeholders, leveraging the entire team’s skills and minds
- Have the ability to focus on outcomes and utilize both, qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Be a curious individual with a growth mindset, not afraid to ask questions, always willing and wanting to learn
- Enjoy and are good at storytelling
- Experience working with integrations or similar products for software developers.
How will this role progress?
It is important to us to be as transparent as possible and to allow you to level expectations for the role. Therefore, we share our impact description in advance and would love your thoughts about it in your cover letter.
During the 1st month, you:
- Have met your new colleagues and understand who is doing what;
- Get an extensive understanding of your nearest peers;
- Get comfortable with the Penneo journey;
- Have an operational understanding of Penneo products and solutions to electronically identify;
- Have talked to at least one auditing or accounting customer;
- Understand the basics of the problems Penneo solves for customers.
Within 3 months, you:
- Have profound knowledge about the target users and customers and how we can continue to solve problems for the same internationally;
- Have talked to at least ten auditing and accounting customers in different markets;
- Start taking on product discovery and delivery as well as administrative responsibilities;
- Used data to understand how the product is being used to make data-informed decisions;
- Have a clear overview of your collaborators and stakeholders in the organization;
- Are establishing great relationships with colleagues and creating a foundation for collaboration;
- Start understanding the challenges and opportunities of Penneo KYC and Sign.
Within 6 months, you:
- Acquired comprehensive knowledge about the industry, domain, competitive landscape, and trends;
- Have talked to at least twenty customers in different markets and industries;
- Got a good understanding of the various dimensions of the business, like marketing, sales, finance, services, legal, compliance, privacy, etc., and the concerns and constraints of the respective stakeholders;
- Be the expert on how electronic identification works to effectively demonstrate it to various audiences;
- Are influencing decisions within our product teams.
Within 12 months, you:
- Are the expert regarding how the product works to effectively demonstrate it to various audiences;
- Improved the product discovery and delivery processes at Penneo;
- Are influencing product vision and strategy;
- Are ready to take on more responsibility;
At this point, we want to support you in expressing your ambitious growth aspirations, and we're eager to learn on the journey with you. It all depends on your capabilities for continuous learning and, equally importantly - your dreams for the future.
By now, we hope you're sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and contribute to the Penneo adventure.
About our interview process:
We know that going through a recruitment process can be pretty demanding sometimes, so we want you to know what to expect:
- Call with a member of our Talent Acquisition Team (~30m): introduction to the company, mutual initial expectation leveling.
- Call with our VP of Product, Christoph (~45m): Getting to know each other, assessing for mutual fit, introduction to the impact and goals for the position.
- Reference checks: We would like to speak to 2-3 people who you have worked with before (peers, managers, stakeholders).
- Collaboration round (~1h): Together with two team members, you will discuss your approach to a problem scenario to assess collaboration fit and ways of working.
- The practicalities (~45m): Closing talk with VP of Product, Christoph: agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
All of our interviews can be conducted remotely, scheduled via email and Google Meet for audio/video calls if you prefer.
Best of success with your application!
We are screening and interviewing on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in any of our roles, please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Penneo is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring, and promotion are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
Please be aware that if hired, as part of our Background check, we require a copy of your criminal record. We do that to ensure that we remain a trusted service provider and partner as well as to comply with relevant compliance requirements such as ISO27001.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We want to make it easy to do the right thing. Come be a part of it! #inthistogether