Do you want to work with blazing fast algorithms, write memory efficient data structures, and come up with smart ways to analyze data from various sources to deliver the best search and recommendations experience in e-commerce?
At Voyado we develop a cloud service for e-commerce sites. Our engine is developed in-house and from the ground up, to be able to do deep analysis on millions of products, all while maintaining response times of 10’s of milliseconds.
Voyado is a great place to work, with friendly and helpful colleagues, flexible working hours and possibility to work from home some days of the week.
About the role
As an Algorithm Engineer you will be part of a small team of highly skilled engineers that develop the very core of our solution. You will get the chance to specialize in retail search, product recommendations and site navigation, and be part of designing the system. This can include working with machine learning, natural language processing, personalization, trend detection, analyzing behavioral data, and more, but can also include setting up microservices to help accomplish your tasks.
You will work mostly in Java, but some Python may occur.
Who are you?
We are looking for a driven and analytical problem-solver, who is willing to learn! It is important that you are self-motivated, by taking responsibility for your tasks and are structured in your approach. Since you will work in a team, it is also important that you are open and work well with others. You also have a great interest in writing innovative algorithms using clean and efficient code.
Besides the above personal attributes we'd also like you to have:
- Excellent programming skills. You should be familiar with various data structures such as hash maps, stacks, and heaps, and be familiar with concurrent programming and basic software engineering algorithms such as depth first search and binary search.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming. Experience with Java or similar languages is a big plus.
- Languages: Business level English.
- If you also have previous experience with Java performance, search or recommendations that would be meritorious.
What’s in it for you?
Our powerful e-commerce platform - eSales - wouldn’t be what it is without the people behind it. We really care about you and some examples of what we can offer you are:
- Work-life balance – we don't have a long work hours culture; we value results over hours worked
- Joining an engaged team and experienced colleagues with a knowledge-sharing and friendly atmosphere
- Competence Development - We set aside 3 hours of work time weekly for competence sharing or individual development. E.g. solve programming problems from previous contests and discuss the solutions together.
Some of our benefits:
- 2 health hours each week, use it for walks, running or working out – you decide
- Travel – once a year we usually travel to a nice destination to enjoy a perfect combination of work and fun
- Up to 30 days of vacation, so you can spend time on the things you love
- Beneficial bike lease, including e-bikes
- Your choice of phone and gadget package
Ready to find out more?
Awesome! Applying is super easy. Use your LinkedIn profile (or upload a resume/CV) and answer a few easy to fill in questions. We'd love to get to know you and understand what makes you tick, so write a few lines about what you enjoy about your role and what would be an exciting challenge for you going forward. We are eager to get to know you and what you love to do, so be yourself and let that shine through in your application!
Voyado is a fast-growing company that operates and develops data-driven SaaS platforms within Product Discovery, Marketing Automation, CRM and Loyalty. At the Voyado Lund office (previously Apptus) we have more than 15 years of experience of delivering cutting-edge eCommerce solutions. We simply help retailers and brands around the world to better guide, advise and inspire shoppers along the customer journey. We strongly believe in the power of automation - utilising AI and Machine Learning, to reach both operational efficiency for merchandising teams to achieve business goals, as well as delivering more relevant online shopping experiences. By providing our flagship product eSales, we make sure that our customers have access to all this in a single, unified solution covering Site Search, Navigation, Recommendations, Content/Ads and Email Recommendations.
At Voyado, we find our passion by being curious and by solving real-life customer challenges through constant innovation. The work environment at Voyado is characterised by honesty and professionalism across all departments, topped by a big scoop of friendliness.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Voyado - Making brands easy to love