Experienced Interim People Growth Catalyst (HR BP) - Sales Department
Dear HR-unconventional, we might be looking for you!
Do you default to design for autonomy and self-leadership rather than rigid policies, processes, and rules? Keep on reading.
Are you an experienced leader with a special passion for making teams thrive in fast-scaling organizations? Please read a little more.
Do you want to be part of making our scaleup journey extraordinary by driving the P&C agenda within our Sales department? This might be for you!
With the vision of turning a new generation of leaders into listeners, Mentimeter is growing rapidly, and we are now looking for a People Growth Catalyst (HR Business partner-ish) with a special interest in Sales operations, to join our team.
The People Growth Team
Building an engaging and performing culture where teams thrive and individuals are happy is what our People Growth team is overarchingly focusing on, by working with individual, team, and leadership development across the organization. We are a small but utterly energetic powerhouse of 4 People Growth catalysts, to whom you will always be able to turn for support, advice, inspiration, and of course collaboration within our larger organizational development projects.
In this role, we also hope you will enjoy close collaboration with our People Experience and Talent Acquisition teams, with whom we share the goal of making the employee journey at Menti a ride of our lives.
The role in our Sales department
Working as a People Growth Catalyst within our Sales department means that you together with the Sales leaders will develop and drive the People & Culture agenda for this growing part of the organization. Together you will analyze your People data, decide on focus areas for development, and initiate, design, and implement relevant People & Culture initiatives accordingly.
You will also work closely with about 25 Sales Line managers & team leads, supporting them in being the best leaders they can be to themselves and their teams. We have two offices (Stockholm and Toronto) with the Sales function in which you will predominantly support the Stockholm office but will collaborate with the Toronto office on special needs and projects (may require 2-4 trips per year to Toronto).
We are not interested in doing things just like everyone else, but instead, we want to deliver at the forefront of what “HR” can be in the 21st century. So, if you are still reading and can feel some sweet adrenalin of excitement pumping through your wise veins - please apply!
In this role you will
- Support and coach our Sales department leaders in setting and driving their People & Culture agenda through the year, including organizational design.
- As part of the People Growth team; initiate, drive, and launch programs, projects & initiatives that are essential for continuous employee, team & leadership performance, and growth at large.
- Initiate, and sometimes also design and facilitate, team development processes (team days, shorter workshops) and similar learning experiences.
- Analyze & share insights from our People data to make us focus on the right things to keep engagement & retention high in your department.
- With a curious & humble approach learn from all levels and perspectives in the organization to create a great workplace experience for all.
- Support and coach tricky conversations, conflict resolution, and similar.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience from a culture-driven, diverse, and fast-growing organization.
- You have experience from a fast-growing start-up environment, where you have played a key role in enabling a smaller department to thrive on its journey toward becoming a mature organization.
- You are an experienced team developer and facilitator with excellent process design & coaching skills
- You might have experience in a similar “HR Business Partner“ kind of role, with ideas on how to build and scale this function internally
- You are a secure & humble truth-teller, with strong project management and senior stakeholder management skills
- You are fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills (Swedish is not a requirement)
- You are open for 1 year interim role.
We believe you will like this opportunity if:
- Are passionate about organizational development and growth; exploring, designing, and challenging what a modern Sales organization that thrives both in terms of productivity & happiness, looks like.
- You rather see yourself as a facilitator and provider of smart building blocks of structure for leaders to grow their people with, than the solo HR expert to whom leaders should turn to for “the one correct way”.
- You enjoy working both hands-on with facilitating groups and coaching individuals, as you do initiate and lead high-level projects.
- You don’t mind context switching between different focus areas, levels of detail, and strategic heights during your workweek.
- You thrive in a culture where togetherness, inclusion, transparency, humbleness, professionalism, working smart, and having fun is key.
- Are open to changing and developing at the same pace as our organization at large. This means, you will be hired for a certain role and task, but need to be curious and open to the fact that your focus and placement within the organization are likely to change with time.
Working at Mentimeter should be a formative experience and a time in life to remember for how we learned and developed in an environment both safe and challenging at the same time. We hope you want to be part of writing our adventure!
Don’t wait for it! We are awaiting you :)
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Who does anyway? Please apply!
The start date will be as soon as possible!
This role will have its base in our HQ in Stockholm and is an onsite/hybrid role.
Learn more about Our Ways of Working - Guiding Principles by clicking here.
What you can expect from our recruitment process:
- Alva Labs - Complete a Personality & Logic test as part of your application within 5 days
- Introduction interview - Get to know us better and introduce yourself
- Case - Show your skills by conducting a small business or technical case
- Competence interview - Meet the team and dive deep into your background and knowledge.
- Culture interview - Discuss our core values and culture, are we a perfect fit?
The Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we highly value our culture and its foundation rests upon our 5 core values:
- Inclusiveness - Transparency, equality and diversity
- Work smart - Know when to excel but also when good enough is exactly that, good enough
- Professionalism - “The consultant mindset”
- Be Humble to others work
- Have fun
Please read more about our culture here.
To learn a bit more about the Mentimeter team and who we are, make sure to visit our team page.
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 200 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension on ITP level. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like San Francisco, Barcelona, Lisbon, Palermo, and Madrid (paid for by us of course). You can read more about our benefits & perks here.
Mentimeter is a product-first, tech-heavy, fast-growing, inclusive and profitable startup built by engineers. Back in 2014, we felt that boring and inefficient meetings had to go, so we decided to create a platform to change this. Eight years later, Mentimeter is recognized as the fastest-growing Swedish startup, with over 200 million users and customers from over 200 countries; the journey has just begun.
We at Mentimeter believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.
- Access to a personal leadership coach
- Private healthcare insurance
- Wellness allowance 5000 sek/year
- Individual budget for professional development
- Private pension matching ITP-level
- 1 month (optional) relocation trip in Europe/year
- Attractive insurance package
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- A diverse, modern and inclusive work environment
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Access to a personal leadership coach
- Individual budget for professional development
- Pension plan
- Wellness allowance CAD 700/year
- 1 month (optional) relocation trip per year
- RRSP matching