Senior Backend Developer
Are you an experienced Backend Developer who would like to work for an innovative Copenhagen-based SaaS company to have a real impact on European companies’ future work with DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging)?
Then join us at Develop Diverse.
Develop Diverse is a science research-based software platform that promotes inclusive writing and contextual learning. It detects implicit - and explicit stereotypic language in texts and suggests inclusive alternatives in real time and relies on natural language processing and machine learning. Our customers are Danske Bank, Vestas, Dyson, Danfoss, TDC, and more.
Develop Diverse is an equal opportunity employer. Celebrating diverse voices and perspectives is how we operate. We do our best to ensure our recruitment process is as unbiased as possible.
You will be our Senior Backend Developer in the team and have the possibility to shape our company's tech journey with your experience and knowledge.
In this role, you'll be working on the server-side code and the infrastructure of our web application. You'll be involved in the whole product development lifecycle which includes the architecture, development, deployment, and maintenance of new and existing features. You ensure system consistency and create a great user experience for our product.
- Collaborate with our Frontend and Fullstack developers as well as the Data Science and Product team.
- Build pipelines and supporting infrastructure for the Data Science integrations within our code base (which is Python-based).
- Build clear, maintainable and scalable code that can be built upon in the future.
- Define and communicate technical requirements to the team and with stakeholders like C-suite to Product.
- Conduct tests and optimize performance.
- Learn about new technologies and stay up to date with current best practices.
- Backend development experience.
- Ability to create scalable/high-performance code and understand the complex technical areas along the way.
- Good understanding of software architecture.
- Know your way around Linux-based systems.
- Familiarity with using Git for version control in a collaborative environment and ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to colleagues through code reviews.
- Experience in using both relational and NoSQL databases in certain contexts.
And we would like you to have:
- Ability to clearly communicate architectural choices and their consequences to colleagues both with or without technical background
- An interest in improving our development processes.
- Hybrid workplace: You can work 2 days per week from your home office, and you can work up to 6 weeks per year from any place you like in the world.
- Join our warrant program
- Private Health Insurance
- Possibility to join a pension scheme where the employee is the sole contributor.
- Well-located and modern office in the B!NGs building (central Vesterbro, just 5 minutes to Metro Frederiksberg Allé station)
- We have a meditation/prayer room to allow our team members to take a break when needed. Alternatively, you can also have short walks in Enghave park which is very close to our office
- Regular get-togethers with the team and quarterly events where we will do something fun
- Work in a highly motivated, international, diverse and creative team
- Last but not least, the opportunity to work impactfully towards a more equitable world!
This role will be based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and we would like potential candidates (either within or outside the EU) to have the possibility to relocate to Copenhagen. Ps. We can provide necessary support on visa application if you are a non-EU Citizen.
Our Recruitment Process:
We aim for a fair and unbiased recruitment process for all interested candidates. One of our approaches is to review all applications anonymously. We understand and respect all candidate’s efforts, thus our interview process is straightforward and time-efficient.
We will review all the applicants on a rolling basis and would like to fill the position soon-- click “apply” to send your job application now :)
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Talent Manager Ning Wang.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Develop Diverse Aps
Create equal opportunities by normalizing diversity