Java Developer with focus on AWS
Voyado is the ultimate solution for personalization and relevance across all channels—online and offline. Used by retailers and e-commerce companies worldwide, Voyado makes it possible for every brand to engage customers, elevate shopping experiences, and evolve their own businesses.
Voyado is a fast-growing company containing two products with the mission to deliver a best-of-breed solution that matches every customer's need. Elevate is intelligent software, that maps analyzes and learns from the visitor's behavior in real time, which allows the e-tailer to present relevant products and offers, adapted to each individual.
We are now a company of 300+ colleagues on an exciting journey and has recently established presence in new markets to strengthen our position in Europe. If you are ready for your next adventure and want to join our team on our expansion throughout Europe and have an interest in customer care, e-commerce, retail, and tech - keep reading!
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Java Developer with expertise in AWS to join our Data Enrichment team. Our purpose is to turn data into knowledge and our mission is to distill product catalogs down to product knowledge to enable outstanding search and recommender systems. As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for developing two of our services hosted in AWS. You will work closely with the developers in the team, Knowledge Engineers, the QA team, and Data Scientists to create internal tools, data analysis dashboards, and enhance our classification service. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology, specifically in the areas of machine learning for search and recommendation solutions.
Some of the things you’ll get to do:
- Develop our services hosted in AWS.
- Develop internal tools for our Knowledge Engineers, QA and, Data Scientist.
- Create data analysis dashboards.
- Work on architecture, integration, and caretaking of microservices.
How we work:
- Our dev organization consists of multiple teams that collaborate and interact daily
- We work according to Agile principles
- A clear connection between company vision and daily work, through the use of OKRs
- Merge checks on tests and linting rules. This makes it easy to not merge or deploy broken code
- Clear process of clarified code review & testing steps before releasing any feature, making it easy to get things right
The tech stack we work with is Java, Spring Boot, AWS, Jenkins, Gitlab, IntelliJ, Maven, Docker.
So, who are you?
To thrive in this position, you have experience from a similar role, working with Java development. You have a background in AWS, with experience in services such as Fargate, S3, and SageMaker. Furthermore, you have experience with Continuous Delivery and setting up release pipelines.
Since you will collaborate with a team of talented individuals who are engaged in their work, we believe that you are a responsible team player with good problem solving skills. Our corporate language is English, therefore you are fluent in English both in speaking and writing.
What's in it for you?
Voyado wouldn’t be the powerful platform it is without the people behind it. We really care for our Voyadoers and some examples of what we can offer you are:
- An engaged team with a knowledge-sharing and friendly culture
- Summits on a regular basis where we hang out, workshop, discuss, and have a good time together
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning in a dynamic and supportive environment.
- Work-life balance – we don't have a long work hours culture, we value engagement over hours worked
- ... And of course, not to mention that we have a pleasant benefits program ;)
Ready to join the team?
Lovely! Applying is super easy. Use your LinkedIn profile (or upload a resume) and answer a few click-in questions (no data entry, we promise). We'd love to get to know you and understand what makes you tick, so write a few lines about what would be an exciting challenge for you going forward. We are eager to get to know you and what you love to do, so be yourself and let that shine through in your application!
As part of our recruitment process we conduct a background check on the final candidate. We use background checks from Scandinavian Recruitment Intelligence. Here you can read more about how a background check is done.
Voyado - Making brands easy to love