Ruby on Rails Backend Engineer - Billing
Backend Engineers in the Billing Team at Leadfeeder work closely with internal stakeholders on planning and implementing new features that allow our customers to have a streamlined and hassle free payment experience.
We work closely with the Finance team to ensure our solutions meet the standards and requirements of the fiscal laws.
Working as a part of the Billing Team involves working on a variety of different technologies that include Ruby On Rails, Sidekiq, Redis, gRPC, Kubernetes & Terraform, REST APIs and more. In addition, we work closely with Product Managers, Frontend Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers and internal teams to align our solutions with the high level architecture decisions at Leadfeeder.
We use a dedicated Slack channel to handle ad-hoc requests from our Staff and troubleshoot issues that arise during day-to-day operations while ensuring no question is left without an answer.
We pride ourselves on helping our engineers freely explore the vast world of mechanical keyboards and VIM.
What you’ll work on
- Build internal APIs, both REST and gRPC to support other systems with accurate information
- Expand our system to support multiple products
- Help us transition into an independent, self sufficient microservice
- Build solutions that automate our internal processes to allow our Staff to focus on other topics
- Use various APM tools to monitor performance and identify issues and ensure that proper alerting is in place
- With the help of Site Reliability Engineers, use Terraform to update and extend our AWS-based infrastructure
- Review and resolve infosec issues submitted by independent researchers
- Provide constructive code reviews to your peers
What you'll bring on
- At least 3 years of working experience writing maintainable and well-tested Ruby on Rails apps
- Knowledge of SQL database technologies
- Understanding that good solutions don’t have to be perfect
- Attention to detail
- Skills and the right mentality for test automation
- Ability to help and improve the work of your colleagues through your teamwork and communication skills
- Experience managing, monitoring and troubleshooting production grade web applications
Nice to have
- Experience with payment gateways or other similar systems
- Experience with AWS stack (AWS Lambda in particular)
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Experience implementing 3rd party APIs
- Understanding or willingness to learn about Event Sourcing pattern
What we offer
- Personal budget for home office improvements
- Company hardware or monthly financial support for using your own equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Access to weekly yoga/fitness/meditation classes online
- Mental Health support
- Bi-annual company retreats
Helping companies know more about their website visitors