Are you looking for opportunities to grow yourself and have a great impact on the direction and development of our products?
Would you like to define and build the new modernized backend to support our global growth?
Would you like to work with a cloud-based SaaS solution, with the aim to enhance our clients’ success, flight safety and happiness?
Then, this might be an excellent opportunity for both of us!
We are Web Manuals. We are on a fantastic journey.
Web Manuals is based in Malmö's most modern area! Just within the last year, the Web Manuals team grew by 30%. Web Manuals has clients in over 70 countries across the whole world. Web Manuals enables air operators to achieve better control and compliance for their mission-critical manuals while making the operation more agile and safe.
Our cloud-based document management system is a tool for digitizing manuals for small to mid-sized air operators. We help our clients become more successful, safe, and happy by simplifying the editing and distribution of operational manuals.
We are a young and fast-growing company with a team of about 60 employees and offices in Malmö, New York City, San Diego, and Singapore!
What do we offer you?
- A strong value-based culture with fantastic opportunities to grow, develop yourself and influence both your daily work and the business.
- An opportunity to be part of giving back to society, through our Social Impact Program 1-2-3 Forward.
- A global, dynamic, and diverse environment! Among the 60 of us, we speak 28 languages!
- To be part of a disruptive company with about 500 customers in the aviation industry.
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect
Web Manuals’ Development department is growing, and we are now looking for an experienced Software Architect to join our headquarters in central Malmö.
As Software Architect you will be an integral part of the development team and will work closely with developers, development manager and CTO to define, structure, and develop the future of our products. We are a multifunctional team working agile with SCRUM. Your role will have a heavy focus towards backend technologies.
Your first mission will be to define and develop a new architecture for a modernized, scalable, and highly available backend which will support our global growth.
Our product is a SaaS tool for editing, distributing, and managing documentation which is used by aviation professionals. It consists of several applications integrating with each other.
The Web Manuals tech stack consists of:
- Java and NodeJS for our backends in a mix of REST APIs and microservices
- We host our SaaS solution both on our own servers as well as in AWS
Responsibilities in the role
You will play an important part in our Development team and for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-level product specifications in collaboration with members of development, product, and management teams
- Defining and improving aspects of development such as technologies, code style and workflows together with the development team
- Carrying out development in all parts of our product portfolio, including new development, refactoring of existing code as well as maintenance and bug fixes
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, both for internal and for public use
Within your role you will have a lot of freedom in what technologies and tools to use as well as how you define specifications and solutions. You are expected to create specifications and solutions that are secure, scalable, and maintainable within the given timeframe of each task. We use code-review as a method of improving ourselves and our code and you are also expected to actively perform code-reviews on your peers.
On a personal level
- You are structured and analytic, can see the big picture and love to solve problems.
- You are a clear communicator who can easily explain complex topics for anyone.
- You are a strong team player who always prioritize the best for the team and on the same time you are able to drive your own projects and quickly get into new work-related situations.
- You are self-motivated and easily see what needs to get done.
- You are open to feedback and continuous improvements.
- You are quality conscious and committed to your work at all levels. We feel strongly about digitizing and simplifying processes and we hope you feel the same way.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in software development
- Excellent knowledge of Java and web application development
- Experience with SQL databases
- Fluent English, both in writing and speaking
The following qualifications are meriting
- Experience with additional programming languages and technologies
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Experience of Angular 2+ framework
- Experience with cloud technologies and providers such as AWS
To love being part of the Web Manuals family, you you are ready to join us in our values Leadership, Enthusiasm and Responsibility. We are truly looking for someone who has an open mind and non-prestigious attitude to changes, diverse cultures, and a natural incline to get involved, take responsibility and act with integrity at all times.
Our selection process is ongoing, so don´t wait to submit your application.
All applications are submitted via our website: https://webmanuals.aero/career
Your application has been successfully submitted.