Senior/Lead Software Engineer
- Senior/Lead Software Engineer required with experience in multiple languages and frameworks (most relevant: Ruby, Rust, AWS, React, Vue, TypeScript, Clojure)
- Comfortable with full-stack, whole-lifecycle development
- Make a big difference in a small, profitable, non VC-backed SaaS company
- Full or part-time remote or work from one of our offices in Oslo, London, Stockholm or Copenhagen
CV Partner is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team to take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and building out our new platform.
Since its inception in 2012 the main codebase has been a Rails app that’s become large and unwieldy. Over the last few years we’ve found the limitations of the system and have started to move to a microservice architecture based around event-sourcing and CQRS.
We’re hosted on AWS and you’ll have the freedom to choose the right tool for the job, whether it’s DynamoDB or Lambda or deploying to our Kubernetes cluster, so having the experience to choose the right technology for the task at hand is paramount. We have recently started using helm and Kubernetes so any experience in this area would be beneficial.
Working in a small, cross-functional team you will have a large degree of autonomy to decide what to work on and be able to have input into the direction of the product. You will participate in the full software lifecycle from story analysis to development, frontend, testing and deployment as well as setting up any monitoring and alerting necessary.
The next phase of growth will be to start bringing mid-level or junior engineers into the teams, so you should be happy mentoring those with less experience and when the time comes, we'd value your input into the hiring process.
We're pretty laid-back when it comes to flexible working so you’ll have the opportunity to work from home full-time or part-time. As a company, we are distributed across four countries already so most comms are through slack or video call. We have offices in Oslo, London, Copenhagen and Stockholm that you can work from and twice yearly company gatherings (Covid permitting) for you to get to know your teammates better.
- Develop features for the existing CV Partner application
- Help design and build new services
- Develop the event-sourcing system and platform
- Convert existing functionality to use the new platform
- Work closely with other teams to maintain and enhance the security of CV Partner’s systems
- Build internal tools to support business processes
- Mentor junior or mid-level developers
- Break up the current application into smaller services
- Refactor the front-end code, improving the engineering principles around code organisation and testing
- Design an effective interview process for junior and mid-level hires
- Automate parsing of CVs and Case Studies - potential for machine learning
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of different database technologies (most beneficial: Postgres, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Redis)
- Experience in designing software in a cloud environment (AWS or Kubernetes knowledge is handy)
- Enthusiasm to learn new tools and technologies
- Someone with good generalist knowledge: front-end; web development; databases (SQL or otherwise), DevOps; system architecture
- Linux, git, Github knowledge
- Bonus: Event-sourcing/CQRS experience
- Bonus: Front-end expertise
Benefits / package
Your choice of Macbook
Location: UK, Norway, Sweden or Denmark
Flexible working: On-site (London, Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen) / remote / hybrid
For Bids and Proposals