Head of Site Reliability Engineering at Impero
Are you passionate about site reliability engineering, and would you like to join a scale-up company with the vision of building trust and transparency between people, institutions, and companies?
We seek an experienced and dynamic Head of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to join our growing team. As the Head of SRE, you will ensure the reliability, scalability, and performance of our cloud-based SaaS platform. While this position will initially not have any people management responsibilities, it is expected that this role will grow into a leadership position as the company grows. You will report to the CTO and work closely with other company leaders to ensure our platform's overall success.
We are looking for an engineering lead, passionate about automating the software development process, reducing waste, and increasing quality, resilience, and speed.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving the reliability and performance of our cloud-based SaaS platform.
- Work closely with our development teams to ensure that our platform is designed and implemented in a way that is reliable, scalable, and performant.
- Develop and implement incident response procedures to ensure that any issues that arise are quickly and effectively resolved.
- Use automation tools and techniques to streamline processes and reduce the risk of human error.
- Monitor system performance and identify and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Manage and participate in the on-call rotation for the SRE team, ensuring that we deliver on our service level agreement to our global customers.
Essential skills and experience
- 6+ years of experience in a Site Reliability Engineering role, with some (technology or people) leadership experience.
- Experience working with cloud-based SaaS platforms, preferably in a high-growth environment.
- Experience with tools for pipeline automation (e.g., GitHub Actions), infrastructure automation (e.g., Terraform and Ansible), logging and monitoring, and containerization.
- Strong technical skills in system architecture, networking, and automation.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with other teams and stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with a track record of quickly identifying and resolving complex technical issues.
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. If you are passionate about Site Reliability Engineering and have a track record of success in a technical role, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. As the company grows, there will be opportunities for growth into a leadership role and the potential for people management responsibilities.
- Opportunity for rapid personal development and professional
- A casual work environment with friendly colleagues
- Self-directed cool-down sprints
- Work on a product that helps change our society
- A productive atmosphere with honest communication and positive values
- Quarterly physical meetups
At Impero, we have implemented a people-first culture based on the understanding that the right people are key to securing remarkable growth.
We believe that people will excel when given the proper tools in a growth environment.
Our values are all about being:
- CARING - We care about our surrounding world and maintain attention to details
- CURIOUS - We are curious and love to explore through creativity
- TRANSPARENT - We are founded on trust and transparency
- REBELLIOUS - We challenge the status quo
Denmark (on-site), Germany (remote), or France (remote). If located in Denmark, you can work from our headquarters in Aarhus or our office in Greater Copenhagen.