Software Engineer (Fullstack) - Start July 2023
Do you want to join a Y Combinator backed startup and join an innovative tech team building software that has real impact on people?🦄
At Zoios, we strive to make life at work better for everyone! Let's be honest, it could be better: stress is increasing, organizations are challenged by new ways of working and leaders struggle to navigate in this. We have all experienced bad leaders and suboptimal days or weeks at work, and we can do better and improve, right?
If you think the answer is yes, good! Because we need someone who believes in harnessing the power of data to revolutionize the ways of working and strive to create cutting-edge software that empowers leaders and people to become the best version of themselves. 💪
The Product team.
We are working hard and efficient to execute on the product roadmap towards our vision. Therefore, we are looking for a driven full-stack developer passionate about coding and building products, to contribute to the code base and growth of the product.
Working in a startup means that you have to be a contributor able to adapt and excited about moving fast. This is an opportunity to be smack center in the creation of impactful production code, while also collaborating with people across the organization on user research and product ideas. The possibilities for development does not stop here, but include opportunities to explore and work with technical architecture, data science, ML models and AI in production code.
How you will contribute to Zoios 🚀
- Code away, develop new features end-to-end, while also keeping a healthy and sustainable code base across both back- and frontend
- Co-scope technical architecture, features and new projects
- Participate in code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues and bugs
- Collaborate with other teams on user feedback, ideation and design to deliver quality product.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes and tools
- Contribute to strong discipline in the code in regards to design system, naming conventions and code structure
To do so, we think you need the following 🎒
- Familiar with TypeScript or another typed language.
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases.
What do your friends say about you😉
- True passion for coding
- Strong analytical capabilities with a great mind for logical reasoning
- Obsessed with personal productivity and being efficient
What does our tech-stack look like.
We have a modern and up-to-date stack. Our applications run on Vercel with NextJS, our PostgreSQL is hosted on google and we use GraphQL for our client APIs while leveraging serverless functions for other special applications.
We are continuously deploying through our CI/CD workflows.
The whole codebase is written in Typescript and we take type safety seriously - therefore we expect you to either be familiar with Typescript or be willing to learn it well.
Who We Are.
Zoios was founded in February of 2021 with the vision of uniting employee well-being and happiness with business performance. By empowering companies with real-time insights on what drives well-being we enable them to make rightful actions creating a better everyday for the employee and the bottom line of the business - a true win-win 🏆. In May 2021, Zoios was accepted into Y Combinators Summer 2021 Batch and has since expanded internationally.
Our Workplace Culture.
We are “informally formal”, meaning we easily flex between being serious about our craft and having a fun together. We have a safe environment where you can unfold your personality and grow as a person and a professional. We could have had a hybrid setup or started a remote-first company with employees spread all over the world, but we have chosen an office-first culture. We have done so because people are at the center of what we do, and we believe that community and social relationships are important to us.
To apply for this position, please upload your Github profile and any relevant portfolio or information (e.g. blog, projects you have worked including details). At Zoios we are determined to find the right fit, and this of course goes both ways. We know the traditional cover letter process can be time-consuming and often arbitrary. So instead, we focus on interests, passions and personality to ensure a strong match between candidates and our team. We look forward to learning more about you!
We aim to respond to all applicants within 10 business days.
- Online/phone interview (approx. 15 min)
- Fill out Talent profile (Personality profile)
- 1st interview - Introduction, Position & Technical
- 2nd Interview - Culture, Team, Onboarding plan & Contract
Measure What Matters.