Sustainability Assurance Manager
About the job
Do you want to be part of a leading Nordic sustainability scale-up whilst contributing to the global corporate sustainability transition? This is your impact opportunity.
With a unique offering that combines cutting-edge ESG software with specialised advisory services, e-learning and independent assurance, Position Green’s full-cycle solutions fuel the journey of competitive businesses – from compliance to sustainable impact.
Position Green provides clients with a range of needs-driven products and solutions that deliver both flexibility and optimal synergies. It combines cutting-edge technology with human expertise to drive sustainability performance. Integrated alignment with relevant sustainability standards, ESG regulations and best practices ensures compliance and a data-driven approach that creates real-world impact.
The new role as Sustainability Assurance Manager will be crucial to building and developing our service offering, as well as ensuring efficient and high-quality assurance deliveries. This is a great opportunity if you want to develop and be part of our journey to something bigger.
As a Sustainability Assurance Manager, you will play a key role in our newly formed assurance team, working in close collaboration with other divisions at Position Green, particularly the ESG reporting team.
The team will be based in Oslo while working closely with our colleagues across the Nordics, US, and UK to ensure effective cross-boarder collaboration and deliveries.
Areas of responsibility:
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and reporting of assurance projects. This is an opportunity to drive and develop our assurance service offering ensuring that assurance engagements meet industry standards and lead the assurance team members to reach their potential.
In addition, you will:
- Building and developing our assurance service offering
- Develop and implement assurance engagement plans.
- Identify risk areas and develop assurance procedures to address those risks.
- Interact with clients to discuss assurance results and recommendations.
- Prepare assurance reports and present findings to management.
- Stay current with industry developments and regulatory requirements.
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Manage the budget for assurance projects and ensure that projects are completed within their budget constraints.
- Ensure that the assurance function is compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting/auditing or finance. A degree containing ESG reporting is beneficial.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including proven experience leading audit/assurance teams and managing audit/assurance projects.
- Strong understanding of reporting and auditing/assurance principles. Experience with ESG assurance is appreciated, but not required.
- A commitment to ethical standards and a strong understanding of the importance of maintaining objectivity and independence in the audit process is essential.
To thrive in this role, you have the ability to adapt to changing business environments, regulations and technology. You have the ability to lead, motivate and mentor others, as well as the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in parallel. In addition, it is your second nature to build and maintain strong relationships with effective communication and ability to navigate conflicts when necessary.
In addition, we appreciate if you:
- Are analytical and structured.
- Have a proactive approach and is goal oriented.
- Are positive and eager to take part in our growth journey.
- Enjoy teamwork and are motivated by a high paced environment.
- Have a desire to impact the sustainability of businesses worldwide - sustainability experience is not required, as long as you’re willing to fall in love with the problem and eager to learn.
What do we offer?
As our new colleague you will take part in a fast-paced and exciting scale up environment. You get to work in a company where you can have a great impact on accelerating the sustainability transformation in the global business community.
We have flexible work hours, a trusting leadership model and we value our employees.
If the above sounds interesting to you, we will be happy to receive your CV and cover letter. We will be reviewing applications on a continuous basis. If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please get in touch with Hanne Eline Fagereng, Head of Assurance, firstname.lastname@example.org.